Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Save on your cake!

When I was planning my wedding, I saw this beautiful cake. I knew it was the one I wanted – it would look beautiful after it got blinged out! I did a tasting and obtained a few quotes – the asking price was $600.00. Goodness, that’s a whole lot of money! Time for plan B. So I went to the local grocery store and gave them a picture of my inspiration. I ordered a cake from the grocery store for 80 people, even though we had 100 guests. This cut the price down by almost $300.00! I went to Costco, and bought a sheet cake for $20.00 to feed the rest of our guests. The local grocery store cake was just as tasty and my guests had no clue. For your next event, consult with your local grocery store baker; you would be surprised at how much you can save.

No comments:

Post a Comment